Monday, November 19, 2012

I think I'm gonna hurl! "Wayne's World 3" moving ahead



     I feel like Seth Myers from SNL.  Really?  Really?
     In a desperate attempt to stay relevant, comedian/actor Mike Myers is moving ahead with plans for Wayne's World 3*.  In fact he's already got a script.
     According to EW.com, Mike Myers has completed the first draft of Wayne's World 3 which will focus on "Wayne and Garth coping with the new era of music, transitioning from access cable to streaming internet (ala Youtube), and Wayne balancing his marriage to Cassandra."
     Mike have you gone mental?!  While the first Wayne's World was hilarious and still one of my favorite comedies, the sequel was epically bad, and nearly twenty years later I don't see a reason for a third film.  I highly doubt this film is going to be able to connect to anyone below the age of say 28 and I'd rather just see Wayne and Garth remain in the basement.
     Seriously Mike don't do this.  This film could be more awkward than your reaction to Kanye West saying, "George Bush does not like black people."

*In related terrible Mike Myers news, the SNL alum is also heavily at work on a fourth Austin Powers film.  Blah.

No comments:

Post a Comment