Sunday, June 9, 2013

Put a Smile on that Face! Grumpy Cat the movie may be coming your way...



     Is it me or is Hollywood really scraping the bottom of the barrel if they are drawing movie inspiration from an Internet meme?
     Once again proving that Hollywood could care less what I think, "Deadline" reports that Todd Garner and Sean Robbins from Broken Road Productions are developing a feature film based on Grumpy Cat.  Much like the Garfield films the cat in the Grumpy Cat film will have a voice.  Garner and Robbins are pitching this as a family film.
     Now look I know that Grumpy Cat (real name Tardar Sauce) has blown  up the Internet since September 2012 and been on television shows like "Good Morning America" and "The Soup."  And don't get me wrong I think most of the memes are funny.  But seriously do we need a 90 minute feature film based on this feline's life?  I highly doubt it and certainly not as a family film.  If anything Grumpy Cat should be shot in the vein of an adult comedy like Ted.
     My hope is that this film will get mired in development hell.  Otherwise you are going to see a huge rash of suicides among struggling screenwriters.

No comments:

Post a Comment