Thursday, June 5, 2014

Emma Watson and Miles Teller in talks to join new Damien Chazelle film


Hard to believe that Emma Watson is now in her early twenties and just graduated Brown University.  Seems like only yesterday audiences were watching her for the first time in Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone.  But time marches on and it's nice to see Watson has branched out into films like The Perks of Being A Wallflower and The Bling Ring.  She wasn't even that bad in that turdburger of a movie Noah.

No rest for the graduate however, as the young actress is set to team up with actor Miles Teller (the future Mr. Fantastic in the upcoming Fantastic Four reboot) for director Damien Chazelle's next film La La Land.  The film:

follows an aspiring actress Mia, who's lonely desperate to fit in, and cocky yet charismatic jazz pianist Sebastian — who fall in love in Los Angeles. However, the city that brought them together may tear them apart, as they soon discover that balancing love and art in such a cutthroat climate isn't easy.

Most of you probably don't know who Chazelle is but chances are you soon will.  His film Whiplash won the top prize at Sundance four months ago so look for him to become a hot commodity. 

I'm not into musicals really so I won't rush out to see this one but it will be interesting to see Watson show off her singing prowess.

Whiplash releases October 10th.


1 comment:

  1. In my entire life I have only taken 1 of those stupid Facebook quizzes. The one I took told me Emma Watson was my celebrity girlfriend. So I've got that going for me, which is nice.

    ReplyDelete