Friday, October 5, 2012

Hungry Hungry Hippos now in the works as a movie

 
                                      "WHY GOD WHY???!!!"
 
 
 
    
     I wish this was a joke.  I really do.
     In a move that indicates there is no hope for humanity, the L.A. Times just announced that Hasboro has optioned Hungry Hungry Hippos, Monopoly, and Action Man into movies.
     Allow a moment for that to sink in.
     Monopoly is apparently first on the docket as Hasboro aims at getting production rolling sometime next year.  While at one time there was a Monopoly skit bandied about Hollywood (Ridley Scott was attached at one time if you can believe that) I was hoping that the movie would not pass go and go directly to movie jail.  Permanently.  Unfortunately it was not to be.
     In a somewhat silver lining to this turd cloud, Hungry Hungry Hippos will be an animated film aimed at children and presumably stoners.  To be honest though what else could it really have been?  A 1940s film noir where hippo detectives have to hunt down the tiger that killed Mowgli? 
     What's shocks me the most is that Hasboro would pursue either of these films after the colossal flop that was Battleship.  I'd like to think the movie executives know something I don't but I highly doubt it.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment