Wednesday, December 5, 2012

New poster for "Man of Steel" is intriguing to say the least



     I have to say I'm really getting excited for Man of Steel even though the premiere is over six months away.  The cast is top notch and I'm curious as to what Zack Snyder and Christopher Nolan have in store for us. 
     If this new poster is any indication, the film could be quite gritty indeed.  I mean when have you ever seen Superman in handcuffs?  Does his mean he's lost his powers or is he submitting willfully?  This definitely sets up a dark tone for the film while simultaneously making the possible plot that much more mysterious.
     For those of you familiar with the Superman mythos, most of world considered him a savior-like superhero.  This poster implies there is a bit of fear and anxiety about an alien with super powers.  If that's the case I say bravo.  I relish the idea of someone taking a completely different approach to the whole Superman mythology.  Some fanboys will probably be upset but I'm not as married to the story surrounding Superman as most. 
     Hopefully audiences will receive a little more insight as to Man of Steel's plot when the first official trailer debuts next Friday.

2 comments:

  1. VERY interesting poster. I'm not a huge Superman/comics fan boy at all, but this is intriguing. In fact, an idea for you: how about a post on your top movie posters of all time?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's actually a great idea! Have to research that a little

    ReplyDelete