Sunday, August 11, 2013

Abra Abra Cadabra I Wanna Reach out and Grab Ya--Sequel Coming to Now You See Me



I remember walking out of Now You See Me a couple months ago and feeling fairly entertained. Overall, I thought it was a decent film. The cast jelled well, it had a pretty strong plot, and the magic scenes were highly entertaining.
As I left the theater I remember my good friend Mike turning to me and saying something to the effect of, "Wow they really left that wide open for a sequel. I hope they make one."
Well, message received Mike.
According to "The Hollywood Reporter" the film's producers are going ahead with a sequel to the film. For a movie that had a modest budget ($75 million) it made almost $250 million when you combine domestic and global returns. More than tripling your investment is usually a good reason to make a sequel.
Having said that, I hope the only reason the producers are making a sequel is not because the film made money. They could really examine the whole Eye of Horus angle. There are a lot of possibilties and paths to take. Hopefully, they can get the whole cast back and maybe director Louis Letterier as well.
In terms of a title it has to be Now you Don't right?

No comments:

Post a Comment