Friday, September 27, 2013

Actor Michael B. Jordan eyes role in ID4 sequel and a new title for the film



I'm still not completely sold on the whole idea of an Independence Day sequel.  I loved the original but almost twenty years have passed since the first one and with the news that Will Smith will not return, I'm understandably leery.  Let's be honest too, Roland Emmerich has not put out the best of films lately.  (2012, White House Down anyone?)

Well if "The Wrap" has it right, the prospects for the film's success may have gotten just a little bit better.

Fruitvale Station actor Michael B. Jordan is high on the list for Emmerich and 20th Century Fox for a major role in the upcoming sequel, although Jordan hasn't officially been offered the part as of yet. 

Jordan is one of the most talked about young actors in Hollywood right now and has been linked to everything from the Rocky inspired Creed film to the Human Torch in The Fantastic Four remake.  I haven't seen Fruitvale Station yet but with all the buzz about this guy I've gotta check it out.

Also for any of you wondering what the sequel might be titled, wonder no longer.  Independence Day's followup will be called ID Forever.  Hmmm sounds like an identity fraud company.

ID Forever starts production next year and will be split into two parts, the first being released sometime in 2015.



1 comment:

  1. Two parts? Cripes. I know you're hesitant but I have high hopes. Alien films are almost on the same level for me as Batman is for you, and ID4 is one of my favorite movies of all time. OF ALL TIME!

    ReplyDelete