Thursday, January 17, 2013

Terminator 5's neural net processors kick into high gear




     You know I was beginning to think that the whole Terminator 5 talk was that--just talk.  However, with AH-NOLD's latest film The Last Stand getting fairly positive reviews and his willingness to do another Terminator movie, I may have changed my mind.
     The studios seem to think so too as they've hired two new screenwriters to take on the script for the fifth film in the franchise.  According to "Deadline" Laeta Kalogridis (Avatar, Shutter Island, Alexander) and Patrick Lussier (Dracula 2000, My Bloody Valentine) are tasked with bringing Skynet back to the big screen.  I'm cautiously optimistic.  Shutter Island and Avatar were both good movies even if Alexander was a bloated disaster.  I actually liked Dracula 2000 but My Bloody Valentine was horrendous.  Knowing how Hollywood works though these guys might be ousted a month from now and all the Terminator 5 could be whispers in a hurricane.

No comments:

Post a Comment