Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Academy Award winner Forest Whitaker may sign on for 'Taken 3'



Despite my massive letter writing campaign, Taken 3 appears to be happening.  Sigh.  Well I guess if you're going to make a followup to one of the worst action sequels ever, you might as well try to add some strong talent.

"Deadline" reports that Forest Whitaker (Bloodsport, The Last King of Scotland) is in early talks for a role in Taken 3.  No word yet on what role Whitaker might take but I could easily see him playing a villain or an ex-partner of Neeson's.  He's versatile like that.  Academy Award winners tend to be that way.

Director Olivier Megaton (what a cool name!) will return to direct and Luc Besson along with Robert Mark Kamen will once again write the screenplay. 

I loved the original Taken but the sequel was terrible and I see no reason for a third.  But I'm sure Hollywood will start listening to my opinions the day I start cutting down forests with heat vision.  Which is to say never.

Taken 3 is set to begin filming this March.

No comments:

Post a Comment