Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Dumb and Dumber sequel not dead after all...


     Well this is good news.
     Despite Jim Carrey saying several weeks back that the long talked about Dumb and Dumber sequel was deader than Petey the parrot, apparently the Farrelly brothers have pulled a Lloyd and reattached the head with some duct tape.
     The directing/writing duo recently tweeted that the script for the sequel is almost complete.  According to the brothers the tentative title is Dumb and Dumber To.  Could you get a more perfect title?  As for plot points, Bobby and Peter Farrelly were relatively vague about the story when they recently spoke to "Collider."  We do know that the two have not matured in the past twenty years and the story revolves around one of the two having fathered a child.  The father also apparently has a kidney problem and hopes the child will be a match.  Hmmm.  Interesting premise.
     Honestly though I have my doubts about this film.  The first Dumb and Dumber was just lightning in a bottle.  I remember going to see it with my Mom and sister when I was fifteen and laughing my ass off.  I just feel like no matter what happens this film will be a disappointment.  Although if I set my expectations super low it may surprise me and turn out to be funny.
     If all goes well Dumber and Dumber To is set to begin filming next Spring with a release date sometime in 2014.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment