Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Finding Sequel: Brooks and DeGeneres re-sign with Pixar




     I think most fans of Pixar will agree that their shining jewel in the crown is 2003's Finding Nemo.  I know it's my favorite of the bunch.  While a sequel has been talked about for years, it looks like Pixar is finally moving forward with the project.
     "Deadline" reports that Albert Brooks (who voiced Marlin in the original) just signed on the dotted line to resume his role.  He'll join co-star Ellen Degeneres (Dory) and both will reteam with original director Andrew Stanton.  God knows Stanton could use a hit after the colossal flop John Carter.  According to reports Stanton will get another shot at a live action film as part of the deal.
     My only concern is where do they go for the sequel?  I mean is Nemo going to get taken again?  That seems like a rehash of the original.  Have we learned nothing from The Hangover Part II?  My suggestion is that they focus on rescuing Nemo's friends from the fish tank in the first film.
     The movie, tentatively titled Finding Nemo 2, is slated for release in 2016.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment