Friday, October 26, 2012

DEAD BY SPRING!!!! Official Red Band Trailer for "Evil Dead" remake hits the net


                                        GROOVY.



     I've said for awhile now that I've had mixed feelings about the Evil Dead remake.  On the one hand I'm happy that the people who were originally part of the movie were associated with the reboot, that there would be no Ash character, and that Diablo Cody penned the script.  On the other hand...really?  I mean Evil Dead is a horror classic.  Why remake it.  Well now the world can look feast their collective eyes on the redband trailer and decide for themselves:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92dyjTFvP4Y

     I don't know how to respond to this film in a sophisticated or erudite way so I'm just going to say that it looks fucking terrifying.  I mean wow.  My only concern is that there was zero levity in this trailer and one of the great things about the Evil Dead movies is that they had a nice balance of horror and comedy.  Just hope that there are a few jokes thrown in among the dismemberment.
     Evil Dead rises April 13, 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment