Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Possible sequel to "Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy"?



     Now I know not everyone was a fan of Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy.  Some felt it was dryer than a piece of sandpaper in the middle of the Mojave desert.  I was not one of them.  Personally, I thought Oldman's performance as George Smiley was riveting, the story was tense, the acting superb, and the plot formidable.  I was really engaged.  And as a bonus the film made $80 million when it cost virtually nothing to make.
     Well good news for you fans of the film.  "Collider" reports that producer Tim Bevan is putting together a sequel for the 2011 movie.  Additionally, writers Peter Straughan and Tomas Alfredson are set to return.  Although the film is in the very infant stages of development, the plan is to develop the sequel based on John Le Carre's followup book to Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy entitled Smiley's People.
     I for one would definitely pony up to see this sequel.  I just hope that Bevan can get most of the actors back.

No comments:

Post a Comment