Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Could the new Conan movie be the start of trilogy???




A nice coincidence that I'm reporting this story on the day that Arnold turns 66.

In an era when trilogies seem to rule the box office, it's not such a shocker that the upcoming The Legend of Conan could be the start of a brand new trilogy.  As long as everything goes the way Paradox Entertainment hopes it will.

CEO Fredrick Malmberg recently told "Total Film" the following:

"We have a great story. This is a role that’s perfect for [Arnold] and he’s very involved with the whole Universal team. Arnold has been very instrumental to bringing this together saying, 'We gotta make a good Conan!' I think if we do this right, we can do two more Conan movies right after. I think Game Of Thrones also shows a huge interest in fantasy. I’m psyched about it."

I have to say I'm glad to hear the Schwarzenegger is totally devoted to making a good Conan film.  The first movie was fantastic but Conan the Destroyer just didn't fit the Conan mystique.  John Milnius was gone as the director, new director Richard Fleischer had no creative control, and the studio didn't make it a hard R. 

The thing is I don't see a scenario where Arnie comes back for all three films.  I think he dies in the next one and the saga will continue with his son Con.

Filming for The Legend of Conan begins next year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment