Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Former Quarterback Kurt Warner's life story may soon become a biopic




I've always been a fan of Kurt Warner.  Great player, good guy, and what an interesting life story, going from bagging groceries to a two time NFL MVP and a Superbowl champion.

Apparently Fox thinks so too as along with Temple Hill productions they have acquired the rights to Kurt Warner's life story and are planning to make it into a feature film.  This according to "Deadline."  A majority of the film will be based on Warner's book "All Things Possible: My Story of Faith, Football, and the Miracle Season."  In an age of spoiled, cheating athletes Warner was a breath of fresh air.  I'm happy to see that someone thinks his life story is worth putting on the big screen.

Here's Kurt's reaction to the news:

For so long people have told me my life story would make a great movie. I am humbled and thrilled to have found a team as excited as I am to make that happen.

Temple Hill producers Marty Bowen and Wyck Godfrey will tackle (pun intended) Warner's life story. 

All around it's a great underdog story and in the genre of sports films that's always a big seller.

The real question now is who should play Kurt Warner?



No comments:

Post a Comment