Friday, July 12, 2013

Director Troy Duffy edges closer to third "Boondock Saints" film....



I'm a huge fan of The Boondock Saints.  It's definitely in my top five.  Yeah it's an ultraviolent action flick with a pretty simple premise, but it's also two hours of awesome.  And it has Ron Jeremy.  I also dug the sequel though not quite as much, which is the case with most sequels.  For the last four years we've gotten dribs and drabs when talking about a third (and final?) Boondock Saints film.

Well here's another drab.

Notoriously nutbag director Troy Duffy talked to "We Got this Covered" this past week to promote the director's cut of The Boondock Saints II: All Saints Day which releases Tuesday.  They asked him about a possible third film and here's what Duffy had to say:


I’m still working on the third film too. I’m trying to find my way through that plot. It could start to get a little bit comic book like when you think about it. You know, these two prolific vigilante characters in prison and then they get out and have the backing of the catholic church. It could get pretty extreme.
I’m working through it though. I’m about halfway done the script. So ya, that’s definitely on the front. We’re doing a third installment. One of the things that I’m hoping to provide fans with in the third film is a lot of answers to their questions about the brothers. The film is going to be more introspective. I don’t want to give too much away but right now I couldn’t be more pleased with how it’s turning out.

I appreciate Duffy's sentiments regarding a third film.  While The Boondock Saints movies are over the top there's no need to go beyond the pale and add aliens or some shit.  And for those tired of waiting just remember that it took nine years for the sequel to come out.

Duffy has confirmed that Sean Patrick Flannery and Norman Reedus ("The Walking Dead's" Daryl for those of you who don't know) will return and he's trying to lure Willem Dafoe back as well.  There's also been talk of a possible television show and a videogame.  Not sure how I feel about a video game...


No comments:

Post a Comment