Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Ghostbusters 3 might be a reboot? Say What??!!

*
 
 
 
     Something is definitely strange in the neighborhood.
     Although recent reports by Dan Aykroyd and Harold Ramis indicate that Ghostbusters 3 is full steam ahead, if you believe director Ivan Reitman the waters may be muddier than initially thought. 
     "Collider" recently caught up with the iconic director who had this to say about the impending project:  "I think Ghostbusters should probably be remade, if we can get it all right. We're working on it, so we'll see." 
     As geeked up as I am for another Ghostbusters film, Reitman's comments give me indigestion.  I most certainly DO NOT want a reboot of the franchise.  Ghostbusters is a gem in the annals of movie history.  Why would anyone desecrate it with a torrid remake?  If we're going to have a third film I'd rather it just be a straight sequel and have done.**  Otherwise just throw the whole idea in the Ecto Containment Grid.
 
*I've made a unilateral decision to use this picture in every post about another Ghostbusters movie.
**I actually don't care anymore that Bill Murray's not apart of this project.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment