Tuesday, September 25, 2012

The actor who played a mountain of a man in "The Dark Knight Rises" set to tackle a mountain


     Tom Hardy has quickly become one of my favorite actors.  Warrior, The Dark Knight Rises, Bronson, Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, Inception--the guy brings new meaning to the phrase "method acting".  At this point I'd probably watch him read the ingredients off of a box of Raisin Nut Bran.*
     While the actor's next challenge won't be Batman, it's just as daunting--Mt. Everest.  According to "Deadline" Hardy is in negotiations for the lead in Everest.  The story follows the life of George Mallory, a British climber who tried to scale Mt. Everest in the 1930s only to meet his end.  Screenwriter Sheldon Turner will adapt the screenplay from Jeffrey Archer's novel "Paths of Glory."
     Tom Hardy vs the most famous mountain in the world?  Sign me up.

*I take that back.  I probably wouldn't see This Means War.

No comments:

Post a Comment