Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Chris O'Dowd lands a role in "Thor: The Dark World"



Don't really know if this will be of any relevance to anyone other than fans of the actor, but Chris O'Dowd has a small role in the upcoming Thor: The Dark World.  O'Dowd casually dropped the news in a recent interview with "IndieWire" where he was discussing his career:

"I think I'll do more dramatic stuff and I think I have some stuff coming out that's a bit more dramatic. I don't know if I'd do an action movie because I don't know if I could keep a straight face honestly, I just think it's so silly. Like I love watching them but I can't imagine me doing one. Actually, you know what I've done, just for fun because I didn't think there was any way that I could be in a superhero movie, so I've done a scene in the new "Thor" movie, just for that. I just do like one scene, which was quite fun."
Some of you may remember O'Dowd from the film Bridesmaids. He played a cop and the love interest of Kristen Wiig. Although I never fully understood how an obviously Irish man became a full fledged state trooper. I mean I get that it is possible, but it just seemed odd to me. Couldn't he have done an American accent? It would have made more sense to me.
I personally think O'Dowd is best in comedic roles. If you've never seen him in the British comedy "The IT Crowd" as Roy you really need to check it out on Netflix. Freakin' hilarious. Hopefully this role, however small, will springboard O'Dowd into the public's radar.
Thor: The Dark World premieres this November.

No comments:

Post a Comment