Monday, April 29, 2013

Aykroyd won't give up the ghost....

    
See what I did there?
     Well it's been a few months so we were bound to have another Ghostbusters 3 rumor at some point and once again it comes from the eteranlly optimistic Dan Aykroyd.  The latest via ABC NEWS reports Dan the man is reinvigorated by the progress of the script.  He also states it is half done and should be completed very soon.  Aykroyd also declared that Ghostbusters 3 would begin filming late this fall.  He also went on to say (regarding the script) that the Higgs Boson, particle theories, gluons and mesons would all be involved.  Sounds like this new Ghostbusters is going in more of scientific direction.  A realistic Ghostbusters perhaps ala The Dark Knight?  Hmmm.
     Obviously this is a blog devoted to speculation and rumor so I'll continue to report what comes along but until I see pictures from the set that indicate that yes indeed Ghostbusters 3 has begun, I'm not buying it.

3 comments:

  1. I'd be all about a more scientific Ghostbusters. Normally I loathe remakes but this would take it in a somewhat different direction. Combine that with the advances in effects since the first movie(s) were released, and this could really be great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To clarify it's not a remake but a direct sequel. My position remains if they are going to make it fine BUT just do a good job with it, get most of the cast back, have Ivan Reitman direct, and if possible find a way to entice Bill Murray back to the franchise. (IE Straight cash homie!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sequel is even better. My other comments still apply. And I am going to piss you off here but....I think if the script is good enough it could be good without most of the cast. Reboot!

    ReplyDelete