Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Halloween news, Trick 'R Treat 2 is coming soon



As a child Creepshow was one of my favorite Halloween films.  I just loved the whole vignette idea.  That's probably why I'm such a fan of Trick 'R Treat.  I actually remember seeing trailers for the film but it never made it to the theaters.  Thank goodness for Netflix.

In any case while Trick 'R Trick was in the tradition of Creepshow, all four vignettes were interconnected which kind of set it apart from Creepshow.  And boy were they creepy, especially the one involving the children killed during a fateful bus ride.  Still gives me the shivers.

I never really thought that Trick 'R Treat would ever receive a sequel, but then again I never thought Deuce Bigelow would either.  Hopefully THIS sequel will be a step up.

"Entertainment Weekly" got a chance to sit down with director Michael Dougherty at the recent Beyond Fest.  The director of the cult classic stated that after six years, a sequel is finally moving forward.  As to the script he couldn't really reveal any information as it is in the early stages, but Dougherty wants to explore other archetypes rather than zombies, werewolves, or vampires.  He's also hoping that the sequel will actually appear in the theater and is looking to do a trilogy.  ('Natch!)

Dougherty also made a classy move but crediting the fans for making the sequel possible.  Fan demand and word of my mouth got the ball rolling on this one.  In my opinion that's always the way to go about creating a sequel for a cult classic.  Listening to the fans???  What an innovative idea!

No time table yet on a release date but if all runs smoothly hopefully we will see this sucker sometime in October 2015 or '16. 

No comments:

Post a Comment