Thursday, December 8, 2011

Kermit is a Commie...According to Fox News














Twins separated at birth???



And here I thought Miss Piggy was always a "capitalist pig."

Just when you thought Fox News couldn't lose any more credibility as a "news" station they release this latest gem of journalistic triumph.

In a move that probably left even Glenn Beck scratching his head in confusion, Fox News recently ran a story alleging that recently released The Muppet Movie is a liberal plot (natch) to "brainwash kids against capitalism."* Fox's argument is that the villain of the story "Tex Richman" (Chris Cooper) promotes an anti-capitalist agenda because Richman wants to destroy the old Muppet theater and drill for oil. So this is apparently anti-oil and a "class warfare" issue. Riiiiggghhhttt... I see the logic. Oh wait no I don't. Fox News acts like this is the first time in the history of cinema that a greedy businessman was a villain.

I usually don't make broad sweeping statements and I have never seen the movie (although I plan to) but I can guarantee Fox's notion is categorically false. I'd no more believe that the Muppets are anti-capitalist than that the Swedish chef is a Nazi.

It's important to note that this is not the first time Fox has done this. In 2005 Fox ran a story stating that the quote from Star Wars Revenge of the Sith where Anakin Skywalker said, "You're either with me or you're my enemy" was a veiled indictment of George W. Bush's foreign policy. IT'S EFFING STAR WARS!! Also when The Dark Knight came out three years ago Glenn Beck stated that the film represented the war on terror.

It's the MUPPETS Fox News. Get a grip.

I feel like Stan from South Park shaking my head after his father dropped the n-bomb on Wheel of Fortune.

Normally I don't like to comment on politics because I really don't care. Most politicans are crooks who are out for themselves and guess what kiddies? I have a mortgage to pay, a wife to hang out with, books to read, and of course movies to see. Essentially I have more important things to do than freeze my ass off occupying Wall Street.

Fox News ought to be ashamed of themselves. How can you call yourselves a credible "news" station when you run garbage like this? This is a bigger reach than the person who said Hurricane Katrina was caused by the Japanese Yakuza's weather machine. Not for nothing, but for a film that is anti-capitalism The Muppet Movie has been number one at the box office two weeks in a row. This just in: studios make movies hoping the film will make money.

I'd like to think that this won't happen again, but I'm sure that before long Fox will run a story about how Shrek is secretly Chairman Mao.

Congratulations Fox News. Along with the Kardashians you get my vote for Asshats of the Year.





No comments:

Post a Comment