Monday, February 6, 2012

"Hey laser lips! Your mama wants to remake my movie!" Short Circuit remake in the works



You know I might as well start calling this blog Remake Central, because I'm starting to feel like that's all I report about. And now I have to report about another one, this time one of my favorite childhood movies: Short Circuit.
Apparently Dimension Films plans on remaking the 1986 movie that starred Steve Guttenberg* and Alley Sheedy. Screenwriter Matt Lieberman who penned the epic film Dr. Doolittle: Tail to the Chief will write the script, while Hop and Alvin and the Chipmunks director Tim Hill will lead this Titanic fated crap fest.
There are no story details available but according to the vapid soul crushing producers also known as the Weinstein Bros., the film will be "family friendly." Makes me angry enough to want to disassemble these guys.
Filming is set to begin late this year with a release date of next summer.

*Where the hell is Steven Guttenberg anyway? It's like he fell into a black hole.

1 comment:

  1. According to IMDB, Steve Guttenberg has been working pretty regularly. Now, I've never heard of *anything* on that list until you get down to "Law & Order" five years ago, but....he's working.

    Of course, if Steve Guttenberg makes a movie and no one sees it, does it still count? It's like that whole tree/forest thing.

    ReplyDelete