Friday, April 13, 2012

Mel Gibson and Michelle Williams to kill in "Machete" sequel??



Robert Rodriguez's 2010 film Machete was classic B-movie cheese. I mean how could you not love a guy who escapes a hospital by going out the window using a dude's intestine as a rope? I didn't take it too seriously and that's why I loved every freakin' minute of it. Hard to believe that a movie that originally started off as a fake trailer got so much hype that it turned into a real movie. A real movie that beside the main character Machete (Danny Trejo) featured Robert DeNiro, Stephen Segal, Don Johnson, and Jessica Alba.
Though made on the cheap (it only cost $10.5 million) Machete managed to rake in almost 4 1/2 times that amount worldwide. Translation? Sequel of course! Machete Kills starts filming in just a few weeks and "Deadline" reports that Rodriguez is pursuing both Mel Gibson and Michelle Williams for undisclosed roles. No word yet whether either one of those actors will agree to take part but I sincerely hope so. I could definitely see Gibson playing a villain (neo-Nazi? I kid, I kid) and Williams playing a bounty hunter with an attitude....who blows things up....with no top on.
While I'll see this film regardless, the addition of Gibson and Williams might be enough to get me to watch it in the first couple weeks rather than at the Dollar Theater.
No word yet on when Machete Kills will be released but my guess is probably early next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment