Thursday, April 5, 2012

The Mummy Will Rise Again!


I was never a huge fan of The Mummy franchise, maybe because Brendan Fraser always seemed like a pale imitation of Indiana Jones. The special effects also left something to be desired, and when they brought in "The Rock" for the second pic I was done. Tomb of the Dragon Warrior I didn't even check out.
Well because everything gets rebooted at this point, Universal plans to restart the "franchise" again, according to "The Hollywood Reporter." John Spaihts, co-writer of the upcoming Prometheus will be penning the script. This actually might be a good thing because I expect Prometheus to hit big come June 8th, and with his scripts The Darkest Hour and World War Robot already in the works, Spaihts is certainly starting to become a hot commodity.
My sincere wish is that if Universal does reboot the franchise, they reboot the original Boris Karloff version and not the Brendan Fraser version. That actually might be something I'd be willing to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment