Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Sweet Odin's Raven! Some news on the upcoming Anchorman sequel


I still have my reservations about Anchorman 2. The first one was lighting in a bottle and along with Caddyshack, may be one of the most quotable films of all time. That being said I hope Anchorman 2 doesn't become Caddyshack 2.
Since Wil Ferrell announced on "The Conan O'Brien Show" about the upcoming new adventures of the Channel 4 news team, we've heard nothing about the possible plot. Until now. Director Adam McKay tells "Salon" that the film will apparently involve a custody battle and bowling for dollars.
Ohhhh-kaay.
Now don't get me wrong, those two tidbits could make for very funny pieces. I just hope the whole film doesn't center around those two events. In any case I wonder who the custody battle will revolve around? Ron and Veronica I would presume. Also I wonder if McKay will still set this film in the 70s or will it be in the me decade of the 80s. One of the beauties of Anchorman was its time period, so I hope that if the producers decide to go with the decade that brought us power ballads, big hair, Coke II, and Ronald Regan, that it translates well.
No time frame yet on when the sequel will begin filming but I'm guessing later this year with an eye on a summer 2013 release.

No comments:

Post a Comment