Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Holy Run Time Batman!!!!



     For those of you who thought that The Dark Knight was too long (I was not one of them) and were hoping Christopher Nolan's final installment would be shorter, prepare to be disappointed.
     According to "Collider" AMC theaters has announced that The Dark Knight Rises run time will be 2 hours and 45 minutes.  Now bear in mind that this is a listed run time.  There's still about six weeks before the actual release date of the film and most directors tinker and edit right up until the picture is about to launch.  The run could time could be cut.
     Personally I don't have a problem with this.  For true movie lovers out there you know that if the movie is great, run time is insignificant.  My former professor and national move critic Jack Garner had a great quote in class one one time that summed this up.  He said "I've seen some three hour films that lasted five minutes and some eighty minute films that lasted five years."  Well put.
     In addition AMC theaters announced that starting June 11th at noon, they will be selling tickets for a "Dark Knight marathon" on July 19th so that fans can watch all three films consecutively.  I can already hear Batman fans' backs and legs groaning in agony.  If I thought for one moment that my body could take sitting down that long I'd absolutely do it.
     The Dark Knight Rises swoops into theaters July 20th.

No comments:

Post a Comment