Wednesday, June 20, 2012

JT to take on Baywatch movie?



     I thought the whole idea of  a"Baywatch" film (based on the popular 90s television show) was a complete joke when I first reported on it.  Since I hadn't heard anything in a while I'd figured it had sunk deeper than Yasmine Bleeth's career.  According to "Twitch" however Baywatch remains afloat--and not because of Pamela Anderson's breasts either.
     Paramount is swimming ahead with the project and now wants the ever popular Justin Timberlake to play the lead.  If Timberlake takes the part he'd play a "disgraced former Olympic swimmer who tries out of for the Baywatch crew."  Bring it on down to Speedoville?
     I have to admit I used to watch "Baywatch" when I was younger.  However, I was also 13 at the time with raging hormones.  I wasn't tuning in for the "story" or David Hasselhoff's acting ability*, I wanted to watch Pam Anderson's tits bounce as she ran along the beach.  THAT'S IT.  That's why I see little need for a film adaptation of "Baywatch."
     If Paramount does push ahead with this film they'd be foolish not to treat this is a straight comedy.  It worked for 21 Jumpstreet.  Any attempt to play this as a drama is doomed for a failure of double D sized proportions. 

*Hasselhoff and Anderson will have cameos in the film but not as their original characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment