Monday, June 24, 2013

William Fichtner to play Shredder in new Ninja Turtles film




     In maybe the weirdest casting move since David Carradine was picked to play an Asian man in the television show "Kung-Fu", Huffpost TV Canada confirmed that actor William Fichtner will play The Shredder in next year's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles reboot.
     Listen I like William Fichtner.  I always thought his small roles (especially as villains) were surprisingly good.  Having said that I think this is a casting mistake of Hayden Christiansen like proportions.  I mean correct me if I'm wrong here but isn't Shredder supposed to be Asian?  Seems to me they could have gotten Ken Wantanabe or even Chung Yow  Fat to play the role.  But then again this movie is being produced by Michael Bay and since when do any of his decisions make sense.
     Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles hits theaters June 6th, 2014.  Meantime you can see Fichtner in next week's The Lone Ranger.

1 comment: