Saturday, December 21, 2013

Director found for Hugh Hefner biopic



Hugh Hefner's had a rough life.  I mean all that money, being the head of a wildly popular magazine, the constant stream of sex with hot wom--

Oh wait that's the complete opposite of a rough life.  My bad.

We've heard about the long gestating Hugh Hefner biopic for years now but it seems the film may finally have landed a director.  David Dobkin (Wedding Crashers) is set to helm the project, while Peter Morgan will write the script.  Wedding Crashers was a funny, if overrated comedy, but I'm more intrigued at Morgan's attachment.  The screenwriter's credits include Frost/Nixon and this year's Rush so I'm at least confident he'll deliver a quality script.

Originally, Universal had the project but the people behind the film split over creative differences so Warner Bros. currently sits in the driver's seat.  Hugh Jackman and Robert Downey Jr. have been thrown around as names for the lead role but I could see James Franco stepping in too.  Although if I had my druthers I'd pick Downey Jr.

The film will be entitled Hefner and although there's no production or release date yet, now that there's a director and writer attached I'd say we will be hearing more news soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment