Saturday, December 21, 2013

Josh Gad to star in film version of 'Gilligan's Island'




Once again Hollywood forgoes original ideas for "same old shit." 

In a move that makes zero sense, Warner Bros. is moving forward with a film version of the classic 60s television show 'Gilligan's Island.'  The movie will be based on a script by Josh Gad, Benji Samit, and Dan Hernandez.  Gad is also set to star.

I love Gad.  He was great in 21 and has certainly seen his stock rise over the last couple years.  But this is just an awful idea.  This is a television show that's almost half a decade old.  Does anyone really think this could possibly be successful?  Yeah it's a standard in pop culture, but I never liked the show when it was on and I doubt I'll like the big screen version either.  How could this possibly have mass appeal to anyone under 40? 

I sincerely hope this film sinks like the S.S. Minnow before it hits theaters.

No comments:

Post a Comment