Saturday, December 21, 2013

KHALESSI!!!!! Emilia Clarke to play Sarah Connor in 5th 'Terminator' film; title revealed




A hot chick from my favorite television show joining one of my all-time favorite franchises?  Sign me up!

"Deadline" reports that "Game of Thrones" Emilia Clarke has won the role of Sarah Connor in the next Terminator (reboot? sequel?)  film.  Clarke had been vying for the role with "Community" star Brie Larson, but Clarke ultimately won the job.  Probably didn't hurt that the director is Alan Taylor one of the three main directors on "Game of Thrones." 

I have to say I'm pumped about this news.  Not only is Clarke beautiful, but girlfriend can act yo!  I think this is an excellent casting choice.  She's already proven she can be a badass and vulnerable so the sky is the limit.

In addition, actor Jason Clarke (no relation) is in heavy negotiations to play John Connor, the leader of the human resistance against the machines.  I'm happy to see Clarke is starting to make a name for himself.  He was excellent in Zero Dark Thirty and Lawless.  Good to see he's starting to get consideration for prominent roles.

"Deadline" also reports that the title for the fifth film will be Terminator: Genesis.  I dig it.  I'm seriously hoping that the fifth film can be a retun to form.  Terminator: Salvation was plain awful AND PG-13 to boot which is ridiculous.  This film has to be a hard R.  It's just that simple. 

I'm confused at this point whether this is going to be a straight sequel or a reboot because Arnold Schwarzengger will be a part of it.  Guess we won't know for sure until we get a plot synopis. 

Terminator: Genesis releases July 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment