Friday, February 7, 2014

Director David O. Russell may team up with Jennifer Lawrence for yet ANOTHER film



Wow I'm beginning to think the David O. Russell and Jennifer Lawrence are turning into Martin Scorsese and Leonardo DiCaprio.  With hits like Silver Linings Playbook and American Hustle, she's certainly becoming his muse.  And let's be honest, based on the picture above and her incredible personality, who wouldn't like to have Jennifer Lawrence as a muse?

The picture I have to admit is a little bit strange.  "Deadline" reports that Russell is looking to rewrite a Fox script based on the story of Joy Mangano, the woman who invented the Miracle Mop.  The story:

This is a rags-to-riches story of a woman who worked three jobs to support her kids and who overcame long odds to finally get her due with an invention that became an HSN sensation and allowed Mangano to clean up. It is a strong empowerment tale.

I'm not too sure how keen I am on watching a movie based on the life story of a woman who invented a new kind of mop, however at this point Jennifer Lawrence has become one of those actresses I'll watch pretty much anything she's in.  And if anyone knows how to play an empowered woman it's Jennifer Lawrence.

No information on a production start date as of yet.  You can next see Lawrence in X-Men: Days of Future Past out this May and The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part I come November.

1 comment:

  1. I mean, really? You actually considered NOT watching something she's in? I'd watch her sit in a cubicle all day and take customer service calls, I don't care.

    ReplyDelete