Wednesday, February 12, 2014

'True Detective' director's next project may be the big screen adaptation of Stephen King's 'IT'



I fucking hate clowns.

I hate them with a passion because I'm so freaking terrified of them.  Stephen King's IT and the mini-series from twenty-four years ago didn't help.  Strangely enough I still love the book and I still love the mini-series despite it being a little dated.  As great as the min-series was I always felt that the novel needed the big screen treatment. 

A couple months back I reported that the adaptation of King's seminal novel was moving forward but at a pretty glacial pace.  Well the glacier has moved a little bit farther and hopefully in the right direction.

"Collider" reports that HBO's 'True Detective' director Cary Fukunaga is currently writing the script and plans to direct.  The news came care of producer Dan Lin.  I'm not really familiar with Fukunaga's work but I've heard nothing but great things about HBO's 'True Detective' so I have high hopes.

Fukunaga is currently shooting an Indie film in Africa, but if all goes well the adventures of Pennywise should be his next project.

No comments:

Post a Comment