Thursday, February 20, 2014

Jai Courtney Cast As Kyle Reese in the new Terminator film!


 
 
 
When it comes to the new film Terminator: Genesis I'm cautiously optimistic.  The last film was so horrendous I thought it had killed the franchise.  My optimism arises from the fact that AH-NULD is involved as is Emilia Clarke and Jason Clarke (no relation).  Also "Game of Thrones" director Alan Taylor is helming the ship so the potential for a good movie is there. 

This latest news dampens my spirits a little. 

"Variety" reports that actor Jai Courtney (Jack Reacher) has landed the role of Kyle Reese, father of the leader of the human resistance-John Connor.  While Courtney certainly looks the part, I seriously doubt his ability to pull off this role.  Granted I'm a little biased because Michael Biehn's role in the 1984 original is so iconic, but Courtney's track record isn't that great.  Jack Reacher was OK, his performance in A Good Day to Die Hard was putrid, and although I haven't seen the movie, I highly doubt he gives a Daniel Day-Lewis caliber performance in I, Frankenstein.

Then again I don't even know how large a role Reese will play in the upcoming film.  Let's hope that Taylor will coax a good performance out of Courtney.

Terminator: Genesis hits theaters July 1, 2015


No comments:

Post a Comment