Thursday, February 13, 2014

Knight Rider film still on; Chris Pratt and Danny McBride in talks to star




Ah "Knight Rider."  The words just bring me back to my misspent youth.  I mean what seven year old didn't love to see a cool guy with an even cooler car get into and out of trouble?  I know I loved it.  The problem is that my days of being seven are twenty-eight years in the past, so my interest in a film version of the iconic 80s television show are virtually non-existent.

Brad Copeland of Wild Hogs and Yogi Bear was hired to write the script back in June but since then the silence from The Weinstein Company has been deafening.  However, some sounds are finally starting to echo off the caverns.  "Schmoes Know" reports that actors Chris Pratt (The Lego Movie) and Danny McBride (This Is The End) are in talks to join the film. 

I doubt they are both up for the same role.  I could definitely see Pratt in the role of Michael Knight and McBride in the role of KITT.  With guys like McBride and Pratt associated with the film, it's probably a safe bet that producers are going the comedic route with the movie.  I don't know how you'd go any other way with this movie.  Any attempts to play this straight would probably be a complete disaster.  But a comedy?  That could work.

There's still no production start date or director yet so, for the time being, KITT and crew are regulated to storage in the moving truck.

No comments:

Post a Comment