Tuesday, February 25, 2014

'Ghostbusters III' will be re-written after Harold Ramis' death



I feel a little hesitant about reporting this information considering Harold Ramis just passed.  It's affected me a lot more than I thought it would simply because of the fact that Ramis and his movies were a big part of my childhood.  The man was a comedic genius whose films, whether he was writing, acting, or directing them, shaped the formative years of my life.  One of those films was of course the iconic 1984 classic Ghostbusters.  I've been reporting on the state of Ghostbusters III for about a year now and Ramis' passing obviously has many fans wondering (callous as it may be) what does this mean for Ghostbusters III and where does the film go from here?

According to "THR" the story is now going to have to be revamped, however a studio source states that Ramis' involvement was minimal and that, other than a small role, he was just someone the writers were bouncing ideas off of.

Currently Lee Eisenberg and Gene Stupnitsky are reworking the script.  Director Ivan Reitman who helmed the first two films is set to meet with the studio to discuss the project going forward.

As much as I want a third Ghostbusters film I don't know if it's worth it anymore.  Bill Murray won't be returning and with Harold Ramis passing...I mean the film just won't be the same without Egon!  Maybe it's better just to letting sleeping ghosts lie.



No comments:

Post a Comment