Saturday, February 23, 2013

"You are a dirty pirate hooker Cyclops!!" James Marsden joins the cast of "Anchorman 2"


     According to "Deadline" underappreciated actor James Marsden (X-Men, Sex Drive) has signed on for Anchorman: The Legend Continues.  Marsden will play Burgundy's (Will Ferrell's) rival anchor and nemesis.  As to a name and any other further details there is nothing to reveal right now.  I thought for a moment that Marsden might be replacing Vince Vaughn as Wes Mantooth when I heard the description, but I think they would have just said so.*
     This casting news comes on the heels of SNL alum Kristen Wiig being cast as Brick Tamland's (Steve Carrell's wife).  I can't wait to see what she brings to the table.  ("I love lamp.  I love Brick.")
     Filming beings this May in Atlanta with a December 20th planned release date.

*There's no way Vince Vaughn doesn't come back for this movie right?

No comments:

Post a Comment