Sunday, August 11, 2013

The Desperado to join Expendables 3; Mel Gibson confirmed as the villain!


 
 
I'm doing an awful lot of updated on the third Expendables film lately, despite the fact that I've never seen the second. But I'm happy to keep doing it if the cast continues to be this impressive.
"Entertainment Tonight" confirmed two powerful bullets of information. The first is that Puss and Boots---er Antonio Banderas will join the cast and add a bit of Latino flavor to an already badass group of mercenaries. (Although now that I think about it I believe Chuck Norris does have a Hispanic heritage.) The role is unknown at this point. Maybe it will be a badass assassin who carries guns in his guitar! Oh wait...
More importantly however, Mel Gibson has been confirmed as the villain for the film. He will play Adolph Hitler. BAZINGA! I kid. I kid. The fact that Gibson is an American and the last two films have involved foreign enemies makes me wonder if Expendables 3 will be set in America. Granted the majority of the film will be filmed in Bulgaria but that doesn't necessarily mean anything. A lot of US production companies make movies in foreign markets because of the tax breaks.
The Expendables 3 opens August next year and Banderas and Gibson can both be seen in the upcoming Machete Kills.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment