Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Jesse Eisenberg and Kristen Stewart join action comedy "American Ultra"




Resident pale mannequin--er actress--Kristen Stewart and Academy Award nominee Jesse Eisenberg are set to re-team for the movie American Ultra.  The script comes care of Max Landis (Chronicle) and will be helmed by director Nima Nourizadeh (Project X).  The plot involves Eisenberg playing:

"an unmotivated stoner named Mike, who lives with his girlfriend Phoebe (Stewart) in a small, sleepy town.  One night their lives take an unexpected turn when Mike's past comes back to haunt him, and he becomes the target of a government opeartor set to wipe him out."

This sounds a little bit like a stoner version of Date Night, and considering I didn't like that film I'd probably like this one even less.  Additionally, fifteen minutes into Project X I wanted to gouge my eyes out, so Nourizadeh's involvement isn't helping my interest any.  I hate to say it but anything with Kristen Stewart in it at this point kind of turns me off.  Although Jesse Eisenberg's in it so it's kind of a wash.  Maybe I'll check it out after all.

American Ultra begins shooting in Spring 2014.




No comments:

Post a Comment